Monday, October 10, 2011

36 weeks

Wow.
36 weeks pregnant with twins.  I have to say, I don't think I really thought I would be here.  It feels like someone else's life sometimes.  I am starting to get pretty anxious.  I have a 3 yr old who has been the sweetest, nicest, little angel of a princess child... suddenly turned into a crazy person at the drop of a hat.  The babies arent even here yet!  Boy we are in for something... 

I have been on modified bed rest since 33 weeks.  I spent the first few days of week 33 in the hospital for preterm labor.  I went in with contractions 5 mins apart that went to 2-3 mins apart.  I dilated from closed to 4cm in about an hour... but then the OB said maybe she made a mistake and I was always at a 4?  I have no idea what that was about... but an hour later she said I was at a 5 so I was admitted, put on magnesium sulfate IV and bombarded with information, papers to sign and people who wanted to talk to me about what was about to happen. They said I was having those babies that night or if not, I was going to be in the hospital until they came.    Well, I didn't have them!   Luckily these little boys decided to bake a little longer!   A couple weeks later I was having crazy contractions again at 34w5d and was in the hospital overnight - but it was just contractions. They gave me something to relax my uterus and though I was still contracting when they sent me home I was not dilating further.  After all that,  I cant believe I have made it to 36 weeks!!!

Let me tell you.. it hurts!!!  lol  My belly is huge!  My stretch marks... well they arent as bad as some pictures i have seen of twin moms but the thing that bothers me is that they now hurt.  Well not all of them, just the big fat long one where the linea nigra is supposed to be.  I am not sure if it is still called that when it is an enormous skin splitting stretch mark. I would take a picture but that would be gross to post huh?

I had no idea that I would have contractions like this.  Also, because I am scheduled to have a c-section I never considered or thought that i would have to go through the labor process at all.  True, if I make it to that date then they just cut me open... but I didn't realize i would have all these contractions like it is labor.   This is a lot harder than my single pregnancy.  I knew it would be.. but damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment